January 20, 2015
The CDFI Fund’s fiscal year (FY) 2015 appropriation includes a waiver of the matching funds requirement for entities applying for Financial Assistance (FA) awards through the Native American CDFI Assistance Program (NACA Program), the Healthy Food Financing Initiative (HFFI), and the Small and Emerging CDFI Assistance (SECA) component of the Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI Program). Only CDFI Program applicants seeking Core awards are required to provide evidence of matching funds to support their FA requests.
New SECA and NACA FA Applicants
The CDFI Fund is providing an additional 45-day application submission window for any eligible organization that did not submit a SECA component or NACA Program FA application by the original application deadline of November 24, 2014. Any new SECA component or NACA Program FA applicant can also submit a HFFI application by following the instructions in the application guidance materials, which can be found on the CDFI Program and NACA Program pages of the CDFI Fund’s website and through Grants.gov. New SECA and NACA FA applicants must submit their applications through Grants.gov by 11:59 PM EST on March 5, 2015. Application submission instructions can be found in Tab 1 of the Application Excel Workbook. Applicants must follow all the requirements set forth in the FY 2015 CDFI Program and NACA Program Notice of Funding Availabilities (NOFAs) and application guidance materials.
SECA and NACA FA Applicants that submitted applications by November 24, 2014
SECA and NACA FA applicants that submitted applications by the original application deadline of November 24, 2014 have the option to update their award request information based on the waiver of the matching funds requirement. Award request changes must be submitted through the applicant’s myCDFI Fund account by 5:00 PM EST on February 10, 2015.
Any applicants that submitted a SECA or NACA FA application by November 24, 2014 that wishes to update its award request must follow the steps outlined below:
- Update the Award Request Table found in the “Tab 4. Purpose” section of the previously submitted FA Application Excel Workbook to reflect the updated requested award amount, eligible FA activities, and amount to be expended within 12 months of notice of award.
- Update the previously submitted FA Narrative Template document to ensure that information pertaining to the new award request is included in the appropriate sections. Applicants should utilize the following file naming conventions for the FA Excel Workbook and FA Narrative Template:
- FY 2015 FA Excel Workbook Revised
- FY 2015 FA Narrative Template Revised
- Upload the updated FA Narrative Template and FA Application Excel Workbook through the applicant’s myCDFI Fund account. Applicants can access the myCDFI Fund submission process by:
- Logging in to myCDFI Fund;
- Selecting an organization from the “Choose an Organization” dropdown and clicking “Access Organization;”
- Clicking “Applications” from the navigation pane on the left hand side of the screen; and
- Clicking "Signature Page Application Link."
Core component FA and HFFI Applicants that submitted applications by November 24, 2014
CDFI Program Core component FA applicants were required to provide matching funds documentation as part of their application submission. Since the matching funds requirement remains in place for Core component FA applicants, the CDFI Fund will not accept updated or new applications from Core component applicants.
HFFI applicants were not required to provide matching funds documentation with their applications. Since the waiver of the matching funds requirement remains in place for the HFFI applicant pool, the CDFI Fund will not accepted updated or new applications from HFFI applicants that have already submitted applications.
Contact Information for Questions and Training Information
All applicants may contact the CDFI Program and NACA Program Help Desk with any questions related to this information request by calling 202-653-0421, option 1 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. CDFI Program and NACA Program staff will answer questions until 5:00 PM EST on March 5, 2015.
- CDFI Program & NACA Program Support (for questions concerning this information request): (202) 653-0421, option 1, or email@example.com.
- Certification, Compliance Monitoring and Evaluation Support (for status of compliance with other awards including outstanding reports): (202) 653-0423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT Support (for information about registering and creating accounts in myCDFI Fund): (202) 653-0300 or email@example.com.
The CDFI Fund encourages applicants to utilize all FY 2015 application training information found on the CDFI Program and NACA Program pages of the CDFI Fund’s website.