October 9, 2014
The U.S. Department of the Treasury, as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, invites the general public and other Federal agencies to take this opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing information collections, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Pub. L. No. 104-13 (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). Currently, the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund), U.S. Department of the Treasury, is soliciting comments concerning the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Certification Application. The request for comment was published today in the Federal Register.
CDFI certification is a designation conferred by the CDFI Fund and is a requirement for accessing financial and technical assistance awards from the CDFI Fund through the CDFI Program and Native American CDFI Assistance Program, as well as certain benefits under the Bank Enterprise Award Program, to support an organization's established community development financing programs. A financial institution seeking to become a certified CDFI and qualify to access assistance from the CDFI Fund must complete the CDFI Certification Application.
The CDFI Fund is inviting comments on:
- Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the CDFI Fund, including whether the information shall have practical utility;
- The accuracy of the CDFI Fundís estimate of the burden of the collection of information;
- Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected;
- Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of technology; and
- Estimates of capital or start-up costs and costs of operation, maintenance, and purchase of services to provide information.
All comments must be received by December 8th, 2014 and must be submitted in writing and sent to David Meyer, Program Manager, Certification, Compliance Monitoring, and Evaluation, at the CDFI Fund, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20020; by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by facsimile to (202) 508Ė0083. Please note this is not a toll free number.
For more information about CDFI Certification, please view the Fact Sheet or visit www.cdfifund.gov/cdficert.
Federal Register Notice
CDFI Certification Application (For Comment)